This was a challenging project, again working up a steep bank. We had several 50-60 year old Holly to fell and extract that had grown up under the canopies of some beautiful ancient Oaks and were as a consequence blocking a lot of light from the woodland floor. The holly was very heavy to shift and Kipp and I made many journeys over several days with the timber arch to get it all to the top of the bank. Due to the pedestrian-only access to the woodland once at the top of the bank we then changed to trace work and extracted the timber through a small gate by whipple tree and out to be crosscut and stacked, ready for use in the clients wood fuelled boiler system. This was all done carefully to minimise the damage done to the woodland, very important to the client. Despite it being early Spring we had the most glorious weather the whole time we were there and it made the job a whole lot easier.